The purpose of this Association shall be to:
- Provide ways and means for Polygraph Examiners of this state to unite in continuous efforts.
- Promote and encourage the dissemination of new ideas, methods and techniques which will enable the Polygraph Examiner to improve his skills and proficiency in the use of the Polygraph.
- Strive for the highest degree of proficiency and ethics in the administration of Polygraph Examinations and to encourage Polygraph Examiners to conduct themselves at all times in a manner which will lend dignity, credit and strength to the Polygraph Association.
- Encourage the Polygraph Examiners to participate in training programs, seminars, etc., that might be available to them.
- Uphold and defend the Indiana Polygraph Association and to make recommendations concerning any future changes that members of this Association might feel beneficial to the Polygraph profession
- Promote adherence to the code of ethics as adopted by the Indiana Polygraph Association and proposed licensing act for the State of Indiana.